Beall, George. “8 Key Differences between Gen Z and Millennials.” The Huffington Post. TheHuffingtonPost.com, 05 Nov. 2016. Web. 28 Mar. 2017.
- Generation z is less frugal than the preceding generations the millennials
- We don’t necessarily follow the beaten trail. If we find a easier more efficient path we will take it.
- Generation Z feels a global connection with others of our age around the world, which differs from previous generations.
- Generation Z has higher expectations of businesses. “They expect businesses, brands and retailers to be loyal to them. If they don’t feel appreciated, they’re going to move on. It’s not about them being loyal to the business.”
Williams, Alex. “Move Over, Millennials, Here Comes Generation Z.” The New York Times. The New York Times, 18 Sept. 2015. Web. 28 Mar. 2017.
- Generation Z never lived in the a fairy tale time with relative peace and strong market just to have it shattered. we were born with our eyes all ready opened to it.
- Short attention span. If you want to advertise to use you need to grab our attention fast and keep it interesting.
- We are more wary about social media and prefer platforms that leave no traces like Snapchat and Whisper.
3 Strengths of Generation Z:
- We are more entrepreneurial and are willing to take risks to get what we want. After seeing the dot.com booms and the small start ups that have made it big our generation is inspired.
- We are more connected with others around the globe. Since we have been young we have always had the ability to talk to whoever we want whenever we want around the globe. This leads us to consider the effects of actions. Plus it gives us a stronger connections as a whole so that we will be less worried with certain countries and more as the human race.
- Generation Z places a strong emphasis on being mature and making your own decisions. we tend to be more wary of habits risky to our health like drinking and smoking. from 1991 to 2013 the number of high school students who had at least one drink of alcohol dropped 16%.
3 Weaknesses of Generation Z
- Generation Z has a short attention span. We have a massive amount of information at our fingertips that we could be using to learn and grow but the minute we get bored we just do something more interesting.
- Generation Z has higher expectations. We expect to much and when something doesn’t necessarily function to our standards we assume somethings wrong or that it is broken.
- We rely on on social media as our crutch when we go through hard times instead of friends. so when social media fails to help we have nowhere to turn .
- Personally I would say the biggest influence on us was our parents (generation x) and just that they tried to give us the things they never had.
- Second biggest influence would definitely be technology. As we have grown we have always had access to a wealth of knowledge which I believe was instrumental in shaping or personalities and even our opinions.